L.A. Family Housing’s mission is to help families transitioning out of homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing enriched with supportive services.
Description of Services
This organization has helped lift more than 2,500 people out of poverty within the past year alone, adding to the over 100,000 people it has helped since its founding in 1983.
The alliance of volunteers and partners serves its clients throughout the Los Angeles area by providing:
- Emergency Shelter and food for up to 3 months
- Transitional housing for a period of up to 2 years
- Permanent multi-family housing units
- Home ownership for single families
- Specialized housing and assistance for people with special needs, veterans, people living with HIV/Aids and seniors
- Youth programs focusing on enriching the lives of youth in the Los Angeles area
Some of the support services provided to clients include:
- Healthy and balanced meals
- After-school tutoring and homework assistance
- Information and referrals
- Medical and mental health services
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- And an array of other services
Volunteers and staff aim to decrease the stress and anxiety that comes with homelessness one helping hand at a time.
7843 Lankershim Boulevard
North Hollywood, CA 91605
(818) 982- 4091