A group of outstanding Latina businesswomen were honored at the 12th Annual Latinas in Business Awards celebrating “Women of Excellence”, hosted by The National Latina Business Women Association, Los Angeles Chapter (NLBWA-LA).
A night of pure excellence, honor and pride. That’s exactly how we lived the Business Award ceremony on June 25, 2015 held at a sold out and historical Egyptian Theater to highlight the many contributions Latina businesswomen make to their community and in the business world.
For 12 years now, the NLBWA has been supporting the needs of the growing ranks of Latina entrepreneurs, executives and professionals. And this time was no different. In a celebration emceed by Gabriela Tessier, host of Univision’s morning show “A Primera Hora,” a group of multitasking Latinas was honored in categories such as Legacy Award, Trailblazer Award, Business Woman Award, Emerging Latina, and culminating with Entrepreneur Leader of the Year honoring Anna M. Sauceda, founder of ACS Group, a full service general contractor company.
Excited for this recognition, Anna remembered her first meetings with the NLBWA when the idea of creating an organization to empower Latinas was just a pipe dream. “And now, 12 years later, I’m here today as an honoree. So very very proud.” Mrs. Sauceda thanks the NLWBA “for creating a world of opportunities to grow my dream into a business and as an entrepreneur that’s now able to give back to the community we all serve.”
“We are so proud to honor this year’s group of stellar Latinas, leaders not only in their respective organizations, businesses but also in the community. We congratulate each and every one of them and look forward to continuing our partnership with them and all the great sponsors that make our event each year a success,” said Rose Elena Sauceda, President, NLBWA-LA.
This year’s honorees included:
- Anna M. Sauceda, ACS Group, Entrepreneur Leader of the Year
- Patty Juarez, Wells Fargo Bank, Corporate Leader of the Year
- Priscilla Lizarraga, TELACU, Inspirational Leader of the Year
- Cecilia Ayala, LAUP, Legacy Award
- Alicia Estrada, Stop Staring, Business Owner Award
- Azucena Maldonado, Latina Golfers Association, TrailBlazer Award
- Charlene Dimas Pinedo, The Whole Child, Community Advocate Award
- Davina Ferreria, Alegria Magazine, Emerging Latina/Rising Star Award
- Sylvia Coreas, Fit Physiques, Member of the Year
- Eddie Espinoza, Eddie’s Tickets, Man of the Year
- Clemente Gonzalez, AETNA, Corporate Sponsor of the Year
EC Hispanic Media is proud to support the National Latina Business Women Association and all the daring Latina Entrepreneurs who are excited to wear more than one hat. From functional roles in their startups to leaders at home running their families, these are the women who represent the fastest growing entrepreneurial market in the US.
For more history on Latina entrepreneurs check out our Co-founder and CEO’s story, Martha de la Torre, here!