Skip to main content

Hispanic Millennials (ages 18 – 29) hold onto traditional Latino cultural values such as family, music and food. But they have adopted American values in their relationships, becoming more open minded. As a result of the sluggish economy and trends toward delayed marriage and child rearing, they are likely to still live with their parents.

The technological revolution of the past few decades has been fully embraced by the more than 60% of Hispanic-Millennials who are online. They see new technologies as tools to help maintain cultural bonds and progress in the world at large.They are actively participating in social media and texting from their mobile devices.

  • Male Hispanics are more likely than females to purchase the latest electronic toys.
  • Males are more into video games.
  • Females are more likely than males to participate in social media, making comments, requesting connections and visiting links on these sites.

All Millennials are more likely than other groups to download content rather than visit a brick and mortar store or even purchase a disc online. Due to their easy access to anything and everything that interests them via the web and social media, they can pick and choose from a wide variety of aesthetics, drawn from video games and Youtube. More than twice as many Hispanic Millennials are likely to use Youtube. Their Facebook usage is equally heavy as those of other Millennials. Hispanic Millennials are less inhibited by class limitations than previous generations.

73% of Latinos between the ages of 18 and 29 watched a combination of English and Spanish television or English language television only, in an average week. 4% of Hispanic-Millennials watched only Spanish Language television. Hispanic Millennials are 21% more likely to look at a combination of English and Spanish magazines. 18 – 29 Year old Hispanic Millennials are 25% more likely to visit both English and Spanish language websites.

In the arts, music is the where Latinos see the most influence on mainstream culture. Hispanic Millennials grew up listening to and downloading Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Ricky Martin, Mariah Carey, Shakira and more.

Hispanic Millennials with foreign-born parents understand and enjoy both cultures. They maintain a strong connection to traditional Hispanic foods while increasingly adapting their eating habits to include more processed foods. As compared to non-Hispanics, they cook more often and tend to seek out the freshest ingredients.

Traditional Latinos are born to US-born parents. They are the children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Latino Immigrants. This group of Hispanic-Millennials has a wide range of assimilation.

  •    They can be fully acculturated, having left behind their ethnic affiliations.
  •    Or they can choose to maintain traditions, holding onto the cultural characteristics of their forefathers that they value most, such as food, music and family.

Hispanic Millennials are the most likely of all Millennials to live in a multi-generational home.

28% of male Hispanics pursue higher education. That’s compared to 41% of Females. Females are more likely than males to return to college and pursue greater job opportunities and graduate from school.

Click Here to View The Full Report

Hispanic Buying Power Report

Information obtained from: